A big part of the quality of life we experience is directly related to the questions we ask. The better the questions, the better the outcomes. The answers to these questions have greatly improved my life, as well as helped others improve their lives.
At the very least, these questions will highlight what you need to focus on. And at the very best, you’ll experience a breakthrough in your life and business.
Keep it Simple: One Question a Day
Whatever you do, do not simply read over this list of questions. Every day, please pick a different question, and take 10 minutes to sit down in a quiet place and write out your answers to it. There’s no need to sit and ponder each question before answering. Rather, write out what first comes into your mind. There’s magic to writing down your answers!
Questions to Ponder
When you answer the question, however, go beyond the obvious. Push yourself to keep writing past the point of what’s obvious and expected. Remember: choose only one question per day from any of the following categories.
Bigger picture inquiries
- Is my thinking aligned with my vision and values?
- Am I being the type of person who would have what I want to have?
- Are my actions creating experiences that would have me believe I’m capable of reaching my goals?
- Do my beliefs support experiencing the life I really want?
Narrowing it down to today
- What am I trying to accomplish today? Is doing it important for me to achieve my goals?
- Have I written down my top three priorities today that will make the greatest impact?
- What am I struggling with currently? What solutions can I apply to eliminate those struggles?
- What did I learn today?
- What did I accomplish today?
How to go easier on myself
- Where can I be more efficient with my time? Where do I waste time during my day?
- What prevents me from taking action each day?
- How can I structure my day, so I’m doing my most important tasks at a time when my energy is the highest?
- What frustrates me in my life, and how can I re-perceive it?
- What brings me the most pleasure in my life, and how can I devote more time to it?
Envisioning your future
- Who already has the life I’d like to have? How do they act, who are they being, what do they do each day? What’s special about them? What are their habits?
- What are my greatest talents and strengths, and how can I make the best use of them?
- What are my biggest shortfalls that I must overcome?
- Who are the best thinkers I know, and will they sit with me and share their process?
Attending to my life now
- Where can I be more efficient with my time?
- What relationships need more of my attention?
- What am I doing every day to be in better health?
- What am I procrastinating about that needs to be done?
- Are there people I need to forgive, or apologize to, so my energy can flow more freely?
Gratitude and benevolence
- Am I expressing my gratitude each day for the gift of life I’ve been blessed with?
- What can I do to help someone else today?
Fact checking my life
- Have I made sure the vision of my “Future Self” is clear and aligned with my values and long-term goals?
- What am I fearful of? How do my fears affect my life, what are they costing me? Am I taking the time daily to both look at them and question their validity, so I can eliminate them?
- Who do I spend my time with, and do they have a positive effect on my life?
The Benefits from Checking in with Yourself
I hope this process has been enlightening for you, and has helped you both gain clarity and possibly reach a number of breakthroughs. It’s when you go beyond the obvious that breakthroughs happen. This is when you tap into your subconscious mind, and become conscious of that which you have already been unaware of! To better thinking and beyond!
To learn more, download my Free Ebook “3 Steps to Feel Great Right Now Regardless of Your Circumstances.” Get started mastering your mind and transforming your thinking.